WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy reading it. I will try to put entries in weekly. I look forward to getting some comments. PS. DON'T FORGET THAT YOU CAN ENLARGE MOST OF THE PHOTOS FOR BETTER VIEWING BY CLICKING ON THEM.

Travel Plans: FEB 4: Dep. Brisbane 12.10 pm. FEB 4: Los Angeles 7.00 am. FEB 5: Los Angeles - Albuquerque. FEB 5 - MAY 15 : Sangre de Cristo. MAY 15: Chicago to London. MAY 16: London. MAY 21-15: Lourdes. MAY 25-28: London, MAY 28:Via Paris to Issoudun. JUNE 2:Paris. JUNE 5:Paris via London to Rome. JUNE 12:Dep. Rome. JUNE 13:Hong Kong 6.45 am. - 11.15 pm. JUNE 14:Brisbane 9.40 am.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Looking at Sangre de Cristo - Snow!












Today I will post some photos I took this morning to give you some idea of the snow lying about and the place. The first one has Obo and a staff member, for a bit of extra interest. The others are views of the building and the scenery. It is not really that cold. The place is very well heated and I wore my normal winter walking gear and was quite comfortable for my morning walk. It was full-on for information today, so we are all a bit 'brain dead'. But it is all good.

5 comments:

carmelmelbourne said...

Hi Rita, glad you arrived safe and sound. I saw "The Queen" the other week and thought it was very good - it is probably in your distant memory now as you have so many new things to see and do. You Queenslanders - a suitcase not a port - thought you had boarded a ship !!!! Will censor my own messages as they seem to go public Ha Ha Hope you having fun. Talk soon

Neil, Lisa, Nikki and Rob said...

G'day Rita,

We're all happy to hear you arrived safely. Being a born and bred Queenslander, anywhere where there is snow is automatically cold - enjoy.

By the way - thanks for the musical Birthday Card for Nikki - its a real hit.

All the best

Neil, Lisa & Nikki

Colin said...

Hi Rita, I found it ineteresting to see your photos of snow. I am currently at home enjoying a snow day here in Luton. This is a day when they close the schools because the snow on the roads make getting to school difficult. It is the most snow I have seen in England. Check out my blog site for pictures! (Don't you love shameless cross-promotion!) I'm glad your flight over was good. It sounds like you are enjoying your time in Sangre de Cristo. See you later in London. From Colin.

Kev said...

Using a blog to post pictures of snow - I wonder where you got that idea from! :-)

Good to see you arrived safely and are soaking up the new surrounds. I hope you've warned their internet provider...they may need to upgrade the service by the time you've posted for a few weeks!!

Have fun

Kev and the girls

Unknown said...

Hello Rita, We'bve enjoyed reading your blog messages. I hope you have time to keep them up. We're making a file of your travels and experiences so you'll find them all there when you come back to dear old Brissy.Is Bobo a good watchdog or a friend to all? I would think by the loook of him in that photo he is a 'presence'.
I hope that you have recovered from the 'brain dead' feeling by now. Maybe jet lag was catching up! Do enjoy the course dear Rita and come back with new vigour. Rita G. goes with Damian today to CPPC and is off to Sydney on Monday. Everyone here is well and send their love and greetings and look forward to hearing more from you.
Damian, Eleanor and all at Corinda.

About Me

My photo
I am of 'mature age', active, religous and charming of course!