WELCOME TO MY BLOG

I hope you enjoy reading it. I will try to put entries in weekly. I look forward to getting some comments. PS. DON'T FORGET THAT YOU CAN ENLARGE MOST OF THE PHOTOS FOR BETTER VIEWING BY CLICKING ON THEM.

Travel Plans: FEB 4: Dep. Brisbane 12.10 pm. FEB 4: Los Angeles 7.00 am. FEB 5: Los Angeles - Albuquerque. FEB 5 - MAY 15 : Sangre de Cristo. MAY 15: Chicago to London. MAY 16: London. MAY 21-15: Lourdes. MAY 25-28: London, MAY 28:Via Paris to Issoudun. JUNE 2:Paris. JUNE 5:Paris via London to Rome. JUNE 12:Dep. Rome. JUNE 13:Hong Kong 6.45 am. - 11.15 pm. JUNE 14:Brisbane 9.40 am.

Monday, April 02, 2007

April 1st - After the Retreat

The 'snowy' photo was the view outside my bedroom window (mercifully, the screen wire doesn't show up) on the first day of our Retreat. I was hoping the quite-large snow flakes coming down would show up, but you can't really see them. It is supposed to be spring, as I have mentioned earlier, and the environment is getting geared up, so this was not really expected. We had two subsequent days when we had snow - once it was too light to stay on the ground, but only yesterday we had a light snow cover until lunchtime, although it was melting all morning.
If you wonder why you are being shown a photo of a cloud on the right, look closer! There is a common black eagle near the centre and another one in the left hand corner - click on the photo to enlarge, if you are curious. I put the photo in really to show that the weather wasn't all snowy.
Even on the snowy-at-the start days it was possible to get out, so on Wednesday I did a fairly long walk after lunch along the road that goes deep into the mountains in the Santa Fe Forest. There are houses as you go along, and well into the hills, there is a sign that there is private land beside the road and people are to stay on teh road for half a mile. I walked to the snow gate, which is still shut, and then on a little way to where the snow was still on the road, although you could have driven there. I met another participant, Anne, who took a photo of me (looking VERY charming!) and then as I went past the private land there were buildings of various sizes in what appeared to be a 'colony' - perhaps of artists. Santa Fe is full of them. Then there was a genuine-looking Indian tepee right beside the little stream. I'll put the photos below:
The Retreat was a very good experience and it was a great group to be part of. With all the participants being either priests, brothers or sisters, there is a common background which makes our living together very easy. It is inspiring to see the sincerity of life and purpose of those around me, from so many different areas and backgrounds. Each person here has made a personal commitment to Christ in their lives and is still keen to live that out to the best of their ability after many years of living in a great variety of places and ministering in a wide variety of ways. No photos of that.

There was plenty of time for reflective walking and I had time to notice many things: all the trees are not budding at the same time. The Juniper and Pinyon got going first, and the Juniper caused major hay fever episodes for all the local population. The flowering trees have come out, and now the Sycamore?/Oak trees have finally shed all the brown leaves they carried throughout winter and are putting little shoots out on the ends of their twigs. Other trees such as Willow and Aspen down near the Rio Chapungo which flows throught the propery, have very green-looking branches by now. I haven't taken pictures of all of this. Today a crowd of us are heading off to town to a Beethoven Concert at 4 pm followed by an evening meal. That should be good.

This is a great place to celebrate Holy Week and Easter. Being in the Northern Hemisphere has its advantages for everything in the Liturgy reflects the seasons, which are all upside-down in Autralia - not that I mind. May you all have a very Happy and Blessed Easter.

Bye for the present. You will hear more of me. Rita

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Rita, At last I've found where your new messages are stored. Now I can enjoy reading all of March and now your "After the Retreat" and it looks as if I'll be first up with comments. Happy resurrection following the retreat. Damian is due back from her retreat at Manly any moment now. A happy Easter dear Rita and I'll try to get a few more messages to you now that I've found your current blog stories.
Lots of love from all of us here at Corinda.
Eleanor and all of us!

helen said...

Hi Rita,
How peaceful and calming the photos look. It must be a wonderful place to do some reflection. The area looks beautiful. And yes how great it must be to celebrate Easter in the Northern Hemispere where all the symbols etc are at the right time of year. We have the Easter liturgy tonight at St. Matthews and last year it was fantastic so I can't wait. Joshua will be going to NSW with Shelley, Roger, and his cousin Zac over the Easter break so I am frantically trying to prepare everything today (Wednesday) as it is my only day off and I need to wash clothes, pack, and house clean etc. And at the moment I am procrastinating because looking at your blog is a very good distraction. I had to buy the Easter eggs and had such fun choosing from the multitde of things, which every year there seems to be more and more. Needless to say the children (and Mark and I) have done very well come Easter Sunday. Have a happy and safe Easter, take care.
Love Helen, Mark, Joshua and Sarah

Unknown said...

Dear Rita,I hope you are enjoying your course and the cold weather. I hope you have a very happy and peaceful Easter. Love Margaret R.
Dear Rita,Delighted to hear all the news of your busy and very interesting course. You are certainly in a different surroundings to Rochedale.I hope you have a most blessed Easter and that the presence of the risen Jesus will be very tangible to you. Missing you! Will email soon, love, Carmelx
Dear Rita, May the Risen Lord Shower His Blessings on you on this Easter Day.Love Pat.
Hi there. Easter greetings from "down under". Enjoy your Spring Easter. You'll be busy playing for the Ceremonies.Keep on enjoying yourself. Love Helen
A very happy easter dear Rita. Glad you had a good retreat. Love Sarah

About Me

My photo
I am of 'mature age', active, religous and charming of course!